The Reuben sandwich is a delicious classic made with corned beef, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, and Russian dressing, all piled high on rye bread. Here is a recipe for making a classic Reuben sandwich at home.
- 2 slices of rye bread
- 2 tablespoons of Russian dressing
- 4 ounces of thinly sliced corned beef
- 1/4 cup of sauerkraut, drained
- 2 slices of Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Spread one tablespoon of Russian dressing on one slice of rye bread.
- Place the corned beef on top of the dressing, followed by the sauerkraut.
- Place the Swiss cheese on top of the sauerkraut.
- Spread the remaining tablespoon of Russian dressing on the other slice of rye bread and place it on top of the cheese to make a sandwich.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Spread butter on the outside of the sandwich.
- Place the sandwich in the skillet and cook until the bread is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Flip the sandwich over and cook the other side until golden brown.
- Remove from the skillet and cut in half.
This sandwich is delicious on its own, but you can also serve it with a side of fries or potato chips for added texture and flavor. If you want to make the sandwich a little healthier, you can use turkey instead of corned beef and use low-fat cheese and dressing. You can also experiment with different types of bread, such as pumpernickel or sourdough, to give it a unique twist.
Enjoy your homemade Reuben sandwich!