Potato chips are a popular snack that can be easily made at home with just a few simple ingredients and tools. Here’s a recipe to make delicious homemade potato chips:
- 4 medium-sized potatoes
- 1-2 cups of vegetable oil (for frying)
- Salt (to taste)
- Begin by washing and peeling the potatoes. Use a mandoline or a sharp knife to slice the potatoes very thinly (around 1/16 inch).
- Soak the sliced potatoes in cold water for at least 30 minutes. This will help to remove some of the starch and ensure that the chips are crisp when fried.
- Drain the potatoes and pat them dry with a paper towel or a clean kitchen towel.
- Heat the oil in a deep-fryer or a large, deep pan to 375°F (190°C).
- Carefully add a handful of the potato slices to the hot oil and fry for 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown. Use a slotted spoon to remove the chips from the oil and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to drain any excess oil.
- Repeat the process with the remaining potato slices.
- Once all the chips have been fried, season them with salt while they are still hot.
- Allow the chips to cool slightly before serving.
Alternatively, you can also make oven-baked potato chips.
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Cut potatoes into thin slices and toss with oil and salt.
- Place them on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
You can also customize your chips by adding different spices such as paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, or herbs like rosemary and thyme.
Enjoy your homemade potato chips!