What is Buffalo Wings?
Buffalo wings are a classic American dish that are perfect for parties, game days, or any other occasion where you want to serve something tasty and satisfying. Here’s a recipe for making your own delicious Buffalo wings at home:
- 2 lb chicken wings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (such as Frank’s RedHot)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Dip the chicken wings into the flour mixture, making sure they are evenly coated. Place the wings on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the wings in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crispy.
- While the wings are baking, melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Once the butter is melted, stir in the hot sauce and mix well.
- Once the wings are done baking, remove them from the oven and toss them in the hot sauce mixture. Make sure the wings are evenly coated with the sauce.
- Serve the wings with blue cheese or ranch dressing and celery sticks on the side.
Enjoy your homemade Buffalo wings! If you want to make them extra spicy, you can add more cayenne pepper to the flour mixture or to the hot sauce. You can also experiment with different types of hot sauce to find your perfect level of heat. Another option is to make the wings in an air fryer, in that case you’ll need to adjust the cooking time and temperature accordingly.
Making buffalo wings at home is easy. All you need is chicken wings, flour, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, paprika, butter and hot sauce. You start by seasoning the wings with flour mixture, then baking them in the oven until golden brown, finally coat them with hot sauce mixture. Enjoy with blue cheese or ranch dressing and celery sticks on the side.