The traditional Korean cuisine known as bibimbap is served in a bowl and consists of steamed rice, an assortment of veggies, meat, and egg, all of which are combined together and then topped with a spicy gochujang sauce. This dish is a favourite among a large number of people all around the world because it is not only nutritious but also quite tasty. In this post, we will go over the detailed instructions for how to make bibimbap at home using each step in order.
- 2 cups of cooked rice
- 1/2 pound of beef, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 2 zucchinis, julienned
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Gochujang sauce
- Start by preparing the vegetables. Cut the carrots and zucchini into thin matchstick-like pieces. Blanch the spinach in boiling water for about 30 seconds, then rinse under cold water and squeeze out the excess water. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, and minced garlic together. Marinate the sliced beef in this mixture for about 30 minutes.
- Heat a pan over high heat and add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Once the pan is hot, add the beef and cook for about 3-4 minutes until the meat is browned and cooked through. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add another tablespoon of vegetable oil and sauté the carrots and zucchini for about 2-3 minutes until they are slightly softened. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In a small pan, fry the eggs sunny-side up or over-easy, according to your preference.
- Assemble the bibimbap in a large bowl by adding a scoop of rice at the bottom. Arrange the cooked vegetables, beef, and spinach on top of the rice.
- Place the fried egg on top of the vegetables.
- Drizzle the gochujang sauce over the top of the bibimbap, to your desired level of spiciness.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds over the top of the bibimbap.
- Serve the bibimbap immediately and mix all of the ingredients together to enjoy.
The dish known as bibimbap, which is both tasty and good for you, is just the thing for a hearty supper. You can simply make this traditional Korean cuisine using the rice bowl if you follow the instructions that have been outlined for you above.
It is important to remember to modify the quantity of gochujang sauce to the level of spiciness that you desire. Moreover, feel free to replace the beef with other proteins such as chicken or tofu, and add or swap out veggies according to your preferences. Enjoy!