To make a cake dummy with cardboard, you will need the following materials:
- Corrugated cardboard
- Pen or pencil
- Scissors or a box cutter
- Tape or glue
- After obtaining the measurements of the cake dummy, using the ruler and the pen or pencil put markings on the cardboard showing the intended dimensions of the cake dummy. These markings should be written in order from smallest to largest.
- You have the option of using either scissors or a box cutter when removing the shape that has been marked on the paper.
- You can make the form you want by taping or glueing the sides of the cardboard together and depending on whether you want the dummy to be in the shape of a cylinder or a box, you can produce either of those shapes. If you want the dummy to be in the shape of a box, you can produce that shape.
- Repeat steps 1 through 3 as many times as necessary until you have a dummy that is the height you desire and has the appropriate amount of layers.
- The effective completion of the operation will be achieved by stacking one layer atop another and fastening it in place using tape or glue.
- Use the cake dummy as the foundation for the cake that you are now baking’s ornamentation.
It is essential to bear in mind that the dummy’s size has the potential to have an effect on its stability. If this is the situation, the dummy could need some additional support in the form of a wooden dowel or some plastic straws to hold it together.